Managing Difficult Situations Conflict and
Security - Admin Staff
A DVD workshop for school administrative staff
Over 2000 school
secretaries and receptionists throughout the
UK have been trained by Leapwade, at LEA teacher training centres and
Focus of the course:-
- Deals with public relations and security aspects of
the secretary's job.
- Trainer presentations, highly realistic DVD
scenarios and discussions to equip staff with transferable skills
and strategies to deal confidently with a variety of conflict
- It examines ten difficult situations which
secretaries experience and analyses the behaviours shown and the skills
used. The roles on DVD are played by professional actors and talented
drama teachers from all over the country.
- It equips them to discuss the security issues
raised with their own individual headteachers to determine detailed
- Working in pairs or groups, delegates will
learn how to defuse aggression and acquire the skills necessary to
ensure they do not cause problems themselves by mishandling a
complaint. This will reduce the risk of verbal abuse or even violence
towards themselves or others.
- THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO ROLE PLAY!
The workshop will enable secretaries to: -
- analyse and improve their confidence and skills
complaints and conflict.
- define, understand and be able to use positive
behaviours is dealing with upset parents and other visitors.
- see on DVD and analyse the positive and
negative performances of
secretaries in handling others.
- develop a 'skills' model for handling
complaints and aggression.
- contribute their own thoughts to group
- greatly increase their confidence and ability
to deal with anger and
distress; be able to defuse aggression when already present; ensure
they do not cause the conflict by what they say and do.
- consider security procedures in their own